Blog about Russia, Soviet Union, Olympics and artistic gymnastics. News and interviews on gymnastics champions, coaches and competitions.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Lupita reports ... Alexander Alexandrov will stay in Russia

Alexandr Alexandrov, former Russian national gymnastics coach,  stated that, most probably, he�ll stay in Russia and will train Olympic champion ?liya Mustafina further.
 
The Ministry has asked me to stay, with the same salary I was earning. Some people want me to be in the team, so I rather think I�ll stay in Russia. At some meetings, some people expressed their claims against me. I don�t know if they were right or wrong. Time will tell.

I was offered to work abroad, but I told them to wait. I was born in Moscow, I grew up and I spent all my life here. Only if something doesn�t turn right, then... I�m not 15. I went abroad only because I was obliged to, when everything collapsed. 

All this concerned Mustafina, as if she was to blame because she didn�t train well in the team. I don�t understand. If someone doesn�t train well, how can this affect the rest? We�re not a football team, where, because of someone, everything can go wrong. Could she influence someone, all the more she had such a difficult year, � explained Alexandrov to �?-?????�.

Link to Russian language report.

0 comments:

Post a Comment