Blog about Russia, Soviet Union, Olympics and artistic gymnastics. News and interviews on gymnastics champions, coaches and competitions.

Friday, July 1, 2016

FIG/WADA confirms that Kuksenkov is cleared of doping


Following clarification from WADA about the inclusion of the drug meldonium on its list of prohibited substances, and the rates of ingestion/excretion of the drug, the FIG has now cleared Russia Cup champion Nikolai Kuksenkov to compete at the Rio Olympics in the autumn.  

'I'm an athlete, I just want to do my job and not get involved in politics - I consider myself an honest athlete', said Kuksenkov yesterday.  'I am very pleased that we have received this information, and that the case for my suspension is now closed.'

Interview with Kuksenkov - http://rsport.ru/artist_gym/20160701/967216569.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment