Blog about Russia, Soviet Union, Olympics and artistic gymnastics. News and interviews on gymnastics champions, coaches and competitions.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Daria Spiridonova - I will need to increase my D value and go clean to win in Rio



- To be honest, I have almost forgotten the special feeling that I won the World Championship gold - said Daria Spiridonova. - I am happy, but in general everything is back as it was - and still is.  Only at home, of course, I was greeted and welcomed as a hero (smiles).

- When you flew out to Glasgow, did you expect to return with a gold medal?

- No. And in particular I did not expect that there would be four winners on one apparatus (smiles). This is something incredible, it has happened for the first time in the history of gymnastics.

- What did you talk about with Viktoria Komova when you stood together on the highest step of the podium?

- "How does that even happen?" Surprise and delight at the same time.

- In fact, all four athletes were at the same level?

- In our sport, a lot depends on the judges.  The D scores were all different.  The highest was a Chinese woman, then there was an American, and Vika Komova was a little lower, one-tenth. Probably they were all equal in the purity of execution. I had the feeling that I could have done better than all the others. Well, I have known things to go better; I had a mistake. In general, this year for me has turned out to be very successful on the bars - I was able to finish first at the European Championships and the World Championships.

- How do you feel about fourth place in the team?

- We could do better, but the girls were slightly nervous on the beam - and fell.  We are a little less worried about individual finals - the team is most important.

- What is the mood in the team after the World Championships?

- The journey home was quite fun, our mood was good. However, we were all very tired, and there was a three-hour flight delay and [then we had to wait for a later connection].  As a result, we ended up spending eleven extra hours at airports.

- What are your future plans?

- We still have a few days to stay at home. On November 9th we will go to Israel to work out and relax a bit. The entire World Championships team will go.  It is necessary to keep in shape.   I do not know whether we will have soon a complete vacation.  Apparently, there will be time for a rest after the Olympics (smiles).

- What are your plans for the Rio 2016?

- I do not know whether I will compete anywhere except bars - this is still not known. But to win at the Olympics, it will be necessary to increase my D score and compete cleaner. Therefore, after relaxing somewhat in Israel I will put together a new routine. Maybe add a [?Sin-Bers?] and a new dismount. The warm up for Rio 2016 will be, probably, the European Championships.

http://www.team-russia2016.ru/article/10689.html

Does anyone know what the Sin Bers(!) could be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment