Blog about Russia, Soviet Union, Olympics and artistic gymnastics. News and interviews on gymnastics champions, coaches and competitions.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

BBC broadcast schedule today - Olympic gymnastics - times and channels for all three subs


I have been trying to track down a definitive online guide to the BBC gymnastics coverage but so far haven't succeeded.  This is probably my fault - I cannot imagine that the BBC could possibly be so completely dunderheaded as not to publish one.  I am going out later to do some errands and will try to buy a copy of the Radio Times.  If I can find out any broadcast details there, I will share them with you, assuming that my typewriter works and there are enough pigeons available to deliver paper copies to you all.

In the meantime, the great news is that our generally wonderful BBC will be giving us complete, advertisement-free coverage of the competition, with great commentary from the inimitable pair, Craig Heap and Christine Still.  Beth Tweddle will also be guesting.  We'll miss Mitch Fenner an awful lot, but still we are in good hand - and I'll be hearing his voice all the time anyway, in my self-commentary.  The first coverage of the first subdivision (Japan, Brazil, Korea, Netherlands) will be - I think - exclusively online.  I found it by trawling the BBC sport app on my iPad.  It begins at 14.20 BST.  

Subdivision 2 (GB, France, USA, Germany) will be on BBC Red Button 1 at 18.25
Subdivision 3 (UKR, SUI, RUS, China) will be on BBC Red Button 2 at 22.30

At least, that is what I have been able to find out, please check your local broadcast schedules.

You can find a competition schedule for today, links to start lists (in the comments) etc at http://rewritingrussiangymnastics.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/mag-quals-schedule-starting-order-links.html?m=1 

0 comments:

Post a Comment